Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I could be Tom Hanks...

Now if you've ever been to the Tokyo Narita airport, you may be able to offer some insight. For my layover in Tokyo, the only option I had was 6 hours because of the flight schedules into Honolulu. So, as I passed through international security again, in my head I said "Man, what am I going to do for 6 hours in Tokyo?" Right behind me, the next thing I heard was "What am I going to do for 6 hours in Tokyo?" This was just too eerie for me not to turn around and ask if this guy was going to Honolulu also. He said that he was and we asked each other what we were going to do. I had no plan as usual, but he was going to spend the time in the NW World Club lounge and offered to take me as well.

This was a very nice gesture which he didn't have to do, so I have to give a big shout out to Brian from Newport Beach for being my savior in Narita. I had some visions of me in the Tom Hanks movie Terminal, but those fortunately didn't have to materialize.

In other random news...since I've been gone, how many times has China been featured on the cover of Time and Newsweek? I've caught the international editions, but the ammount has been strangely more than average lately. Guess that's the price I pay for being ahead of the curve, or something.

No comments: