Thursday, June 02, 2005

You can't live without music...

Just wanted to let everyone know what I've been listening to since I pretty much live my life around music. Every time I leave on a major trip like this, I try to grab a random smattering of what might be good with the scenery that I'll see. The list goes as follows:

Zero 7 - Simple Things I brought this to fall alseep to or meditate, and as always Zero 7 never lets me down.

The Academy is... - Almost Here This album has been on permanent rotation since I bought it in April. It's got some catchy beats, but mostly impressed with the lyrics. A great first album from these guys, and I'm very trusting of things that come off Fueled by Ramen.

Less Than Jake - Losing Streak Always a classic and I have rediscovered it in the last few months.

Fallout Boy - Under the Cork Tree You really never know how a band will do on their sophomore album, but even with their peculiar and long song titles (Our Lawyer Made us change the name of this song so we wouldn't get sued and Get busy living or get busing dying)
I think it's a great power pop album for this summer.

But most importantly, Motion City Soundtrack is coming out with a new album June 7 and from what I've heard through purevolume.com and at some of their recent live shows, I can't wait to buy it when I get back stateside.

No comments: