Friday, July 01, 2005

No place like home...

I have finally made it home. The flight from Honolulu take seven hours, but there was a time around hour five where I thought I wasn't going to make it. Fortunately the nice flight attendant lady gave me some juice to quell my excitement and I made it in due time. Walking through the airport I was definitely a sight. This was the trip where I bought the fun, ridiculously huge, annoy everyone on the plane around me souvenirs.
Including:
-an umbrella bought at McDonald's in Hong Kong
-one of those round and pointy (think upsidedown funnel) Chinese peasant hats
-two boxes of pineapple from Hawaii

People were mean mugging me all the way to the gate. I was able to check the pineapple which lead to one of the most amazing events I've experienced in a long time. I was waiting at the baggage carousel and my things were the first things off the plane. Love that lucky streak I've got going.

Now that I'm home it's time to take a moment to appreciate things:
**When I go to the grocery store I know what everything is. No more mystery chips and potato ice cream for me.
**I can listen to my radio station again and will be able to hang out at the station. You have no idea how starved I was for a constant source of new and my favorite music plus an opportunity to shoot the breeze about it at the same time.
**Being around my friends and family and being able to drive my car.

I'm sure there are other things too, but they'll show themselves at the given time. I'll fill in a few more stories so check back when you need a smile. You never know when the adventures will start up again.

To Be Continued... (check around September to see if my dream becomes reality)

No comments: