Monday, September 12, 2005

Birthday madness...

Wow, sitting at home on a Monday night hasn't been this quiet in a while. I went to The Cities (Minneapolis to some of you) to ring in a quarter century and help my friend Mead break in his new place. Both were accomplished, though I don't know how much Mead's neighbors still like him. Time will tell. Saturday (the day) I participated in the James Page Blubber Run, a 5K run that is actually a race but also is taken by the majority to be a nice walk and a having a few beers along the route.

After the "race" portion was over, we hung out with the rest of the participants in the hot parking lot for the costume contest winners. The individual winner was a guy dressed as a LegoMan with yellow peg head and all and the group contest was four guys dressed as the Fanta girls from the commercial. They were just ahead of us at the finish line (the only time I ran the whole race) and did a cheer when the finished. Much creativity all around. The final event was a concert in the parking lot that was the HQ for the day. Better Than Ezra played and they were not only the biggest band that's ever played my birthday (my apologies to Modus Operandi for now owning second place) but also pretty decent. They are from New Orleans so there was a lot to say on that front but didn't get too preachy. We left after hearing their biggest hits because we were getting ready for the evenings festivities. I was able to reconnect with some old friends and even celebrate in the Downtown Minneapolis bar scene. Kudos to all for an entertaining night. It was definately the latest I've ever done the whole blow out your birthday candles (after coming back from the bar) and I do have a heads up for those who end up with trick candles.
***Please do not try to put them out with your fingers. It does not work, plus the taste of ash is not worth it. If you are not skilled with fire you also may burn yourself. ( I will take the time to say I came away burn free.)***

If I were NOFX, I would say so long and thanks for the shoes. Catch you in Shanghai.....

No comments: