Thursday, December 15, 2005

I caved...

So Tuesday I went downtown and grabbed my usual "on my way to the bus" breakfast of two meat baozi (steamed buns with meat inside). I've been eating these for about 3 months so I didn't even give it a second thought. I ate them and then started reading my book as the bus ride takes 45 minutes. Not too long after I had finished my stomach began to feel like a cement mixer. This can't be good. I finished my errands downtown and came back. Well I pretty much didn't leave my building until Thursday and am feeling better now. This has taught me that I can be knocked by food. I'll get back at it I'm sure.

But here, as we say, is where the rest of the story comes in. By Thursday I hadn't eaten much except a few cookies and some yoghurt, so I was starting to feel better and that means eating again. Now anyone who was with me in China this summer knew that I took a strict "No US Fast Food" policy. I was in fact belligerent about it. But Kelly, from the group, said that when you're sick in China nothing tastes better than good old McDonald's. Well I saw the Golden Arches on the horizon and it was a foregone conclusion. That's right Pal. I ordered myself a Big Mac and I can tell you that it tasted fantastic. I'm officially on the wax and will be back up in time. I may hit up old MacDo's again, but now that I can eat Chinese food again it's farther in the background.

I've been told the official score is now: Shanna 1 China 1
Can't stand to lose, so I guess we'll have to go another round.

No comments: