Friday, May 12, 2006

I can only "stay alive" unti 10pm and that's it...

Weird title right? Well it has nothing to with my life, just music. One of the guys from the Bee Gee's is having a concert. In Shanghai they have this lovely form of bus advertising. A bus drives around with music at high volumes as a way to get people's attention. It's probably really effective, but the street that I live in is a very popular driving route. At night many cars want to drive down Huaihai Road and that means traffic, e.g. it doesn't move very fast.

So 3-4 times in the past few evenings, a double decker open topped bus that pumps "Stayin' Alive" at maximum volume passes right below my flat. (Second floor flat that faces the street). And when it comes by at 20:30 at night, well I get a little perturbed.

No comments: